Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blog Rampage Pt. 1: Sexy Circuitry


I'm going to spend the next few days catching up on my posts so bear with me.

First off, let's go waaay back to Welcome to the Monkey House. I'll start with "EPICAC," which I took to the most mainly because I'm a sucker for robot love stories. It really is the robot that shines here, isn't it? The narrator has little charm, and the means by which he attains his love wins over no reader. So why shouldn't EPICAC get the girl? We discussed in the colloquium that people need both the physical and emotional aspects to have a relationship, so I suppose the tragedy of EPICAC is the placement of a beautiful soul in an unable vessel. Though what if EPICAC were humanoid?

Okay, shoutout to mah nerdcore BSG fans: can cylons love? To those too cool for school, the science fiction drama Battlestar Galactica features some pretty sexy robot (cylon) ladies searching for love, and at least one makes a pretty convincing case for deserving it. I mean, I used the word "soul" just now pretty presumptuously, but the way that cylon Sharon/Boomer (played by the Grace "2hot4tv" Park, pictured) looks at her man, it makes you at least consider acknowledging she has one. What it comes down to in this example is whether or not she still can love because she was engineered or whether her human-like vessel would make her a viable love interest to any of you.

For those merely skimming, my concluding query: that robot, would you hit it?

(Oh God, it's 5:44, I'm late for this week's reading group. Hahahahaha.)

No comments: